Fed up of cereal or toast for breakfast? Need that energy boost in the morning? Then I know the perfect breakfast to kickstart your day. Overnight oats. Not only is it a super quick and easy breakfast, but it’s also delicious and nutritious!
Overnight oats is a breakfast that is prepared in the evening and left in the fridge to work its magic overnight. There are so many toppings and flavours that you can add to your overnight oats so here are a few ideas.
- 40g of porridge oats
- 150g of milk (any milk of your choice)
- 2-3 of dried apricots
- Frozen berries
- Fresh fruit
- Sweetener (honey, maple syrup)
- In the evening, mix 40g of porridge oats with 150g of milk
- If you want to add a sweetener or spice then add to the mixture. This way the oats and milk will soak up the flavour
- Pour into a sealed container and leave in the fridge to chill overnight
- In the morning, pour the overnight oats into a bowl and add your favourite toppings
Here is one of my favourite Overnight Oat recipes that I make.
Make sure to tweet us your creations @hahReading or tag us on Instagram @homeathalls. Get creative and start your day right with overnight oats!