If you’re anything like me, you absolutely adore Terry’s Chocolate Orange! Recently I was experimenting in the kitchen and made these gorgeous chocolate orange cookies – and I want to share the recipe so you can make them yourself!
- 125g unsalted butter
- 100g granulated sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 25g cocoa powder
- 175g self raising flower
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- 250g of chocolate orange (I used a few bags of the Terry’s chocolate orange mini pieces)
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Mix together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy
- Add the egg and mix again
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, salt and orange zest and mix again until you have a thick paste
- Chop up the pieces of chocolate orange and stir them into the mix
- Lay some parchment paper on a baking tray and spoon balls of the mix onto the tray. Make sure you leave space in between each ball for the cookie to spread.
- Bake for around 12 minutes until lightly crispy
- Once removed from the oven, allow to cool slightly before enjoying!